The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certification designates IT professionals with advanced-level security skills and knowledge.
An update to the CASP certification exam launched January 20, 2015 (CAS-002).
- Approved by U.S. Dept. of Defense to meet IA technical and management certification requirements
- Chosen by Dell and HP advanced security personnel
- Globally recognized CompTIA name
Relevant Job Titles
- Cyber Security / IS Professional
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- IT Specialist INFOSEC
- IT Specialist, Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Risk Manager
- Cybersecurity Risk Analyst
- Certification Information
The CASP exam covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. It involves applying critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement solutions that map to enterprise drivers, while managing risk.
While there is no required prerequisite, the CASP certification is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus at the enterprise level.
CompTIA is ANSI accredited Certifier – 0731. The CASP program is included in the scope of this accreditation. The CASP certification may be kept current through the CompTIA Continuing Education program.
|Number of Questions
|Type of questions
||Multiple choice and performance-based
|Length of Test
||Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.
||10 years experience in IT administration, including at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience